With the Spring and Summer Season approaching rapidly we decided to bring back the Newsletter in both e-form and print available in the office.
Although it has been a very busy off season for the board and some of our volunteers—it has seemed to be moving forward nicely.
We have had some changes on the Board and would like to Thank Mike McClure and Sherri Gregory for their hard work and dedication to help advance Lake Village forward.
In the search to replace them we have appointed Jim McMillen to the position of Security Director and Reuben DiSalvatore as Director of Maintenance. Please help us welcome them both and assist in any way you can.
Some of the items that have been finished and/or in process are:
- Clubhouse Restrooms: Again to all our members—The funding for the restroom remodels had been donated—so please use them don’t abuse them. Next time we may not be so lucky.
- Gate System: We have contracted out for a new gate system to replace the 40 year old current system. The new system has more functions and security features than the current system . Installation should begin soon. More news to follow.
- Pool Remodel: Ceiling had been removed to help further prevent screws and nails falling into the pool, walls are being replaced and the plates on the concrete that had rotted out have been replaced as well. The pool has been repainted and there are some other items being worked on to better serve you our members.
- Electrical Repairs: We have retained a new contractor to replace the other contractor — this time we have a I.B.E.W. Electrician coming in to make the necessary repairs in several areas of the park. Materials have been ordered and as soon as received work will proceed— The repairs will be made followed then by the installation of new meters.
- Road Repairs: We are approaching the roads in different stages in order to get you the best roads possible. The Main Road Area On the Inside Island from about the middle of the Island to the dumpster and from the first Clubhouse driveway to approximately 35 feet towards the gate house to be removed, re-bedded and the asphalted. Then as Funds permit do a overcoat to the entire road surface at a later time.
We have also received a bid for necessary parts to fix the road grater to help work as supposed to on the Gravel park roads. Once the grader is repaired we will be grading and adding gravel as needed.
Just a reminder we are moving forward completely without added covid restrictions. The Activity Department has planned a full year of fun— Please get a copy of the Dinner and Activity schedule from the office!
April Events :
April 15th: Renters Row Re opens
April 23: Easter Celebration
April 30: Camp wide Camp clean-up ( Lunch Provided)
*** Reminder Dues Due May 1st.
*** Tarps off by May 1st.
We can’t wait to see everyone—Stay Safe, Safe Travels, and Stay Healthy
Happy to be of service,
Lake Village Board of Directors